Capture kilos from a scale (1 Viewer)

rnr1975

Local time
Today, 20:06
Hi! I want to know how to capture a result (kilos) from a scale with an interface which communicates through COM1 with an interface cable. My point is to capture the result from an electronic scale in an Accesses table using VBA for Application.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:06
Post one question only once - it can lead to confusion if multi posted in different forums.

Col

keiths

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:06
Com Port interface

Many people use different ways to communicate with the com port in ms access. I myself went thru this exercise over a two year period. I found an activex dll that worked well in my application. Here is the web site where you can download a fully functional evaluation copy of "ComPort.dll".

http://www.nettools-software.com

The programmer and I worked together on this, making sure it worked properly. He is very approachable, and has a simple interface database I gave him that you can ask for.

I assume you have all the information required to communicate with your machine. If not, get that first or you are wasting your time. There are a number of third party com programs out there that will allow you to see what the machine is sending, and needs sent to it. You need all that information first before you worry about interfacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom