capture vba errors and fail gracefully (1 Viewer)

Funkyaccess

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
Hi,

Any tips on how to make code fail gracefull and report back the error to the end use?

I've done a bit of vba coding and would like to better my coding skills which I think one of my weaknesses is capturing errors and making it fail gracefully.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
elements of run-time error handling

There's an excellent article in Access VBA Help called "Elements of Run-Time Error Handling." I recommend you read that.

dcb

Normally Lost
Local time
Today, 22:33
And after you have read that, this tool is great for inserting err handlers in all your code! Credit: Originally brought to my attention by Bob Larson
http://www.mztools.com

Funkyaccess

Registered User.
Local time
That looks really good unfortunately my companies IT security restricts me from runnning exe files from the net.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
That looks really good unfortunately my companies IT security restricts me from runnning exe files from the net.

Work within the company constraints to see if you can acquire this tool. It is well worth the effort. I work for a large bank and they have the same prohibition, but for this they made an exception but we had to go through channels and show them how it could save actual dollars (time and accuracy savings).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom