Change Password Form (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:18
I cannot take credit for this form but have used it in several databases and thought others may find it usefull, if you use security enabled databases drop in this form and without any modification it allows users to change only their own password, but if you are a member of the admins group then the form allows you to reset and change other users passwords for them.

Ian

Attachments

• Change Password.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 7,929

AN60

Registered User.
Local time
I opened this db and had a look at it, entered a few numbers & closed it then I had to login to access & didn't know the password! Be warned if you test this (fiddle) you might set a login for access which prevents access to MSAccess. That's what happened to me. I had to search out the file containing access logon data & delete it before I could use any of my db's. Be warned.

Last edited:

wardster

Registered User.
Local time
Hi AN60 - I forgot to mention that - if you have no security setup on your database, it will change the default user account and set it with the password you set. obviously user name would be Admin but the password which is usually blank will change to whatever you desire

Ian

A

amraam35

what type of security system would i need to have set up? i have a simple table based log in right now, i dont think its the same

wardster

Registered User.
Local time
Hi you would need to use the access log-in system: Tools > Security > User & Group Accounts - you would then create your users, then use the user & Group permissions to set up permissions etc... i also use some code that disables or hides certain elements depending upon which group the user is a member of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom