Change to NAS server problems (faster database) (1 Viewer)

viperlodz

Local time
Today, 13:09
I add week number and year to get it work faster. Where is it possible I use this two than date but I can't use it in all reports.

Here is about 80% tables.

This table Umowy has 70 columns and 30 000 records, but the biggest tables is Tabela splat and NotaOdsetkowa (each about 1 500 000 records). As I told before I migrate some data from Umowy (Agreements) and Payments (Tabela splat) to Agreements Archive and Payments Archive every year.

The moust important table is Agreements (Umowy) were are balances. Every payment is in Tabela splat (about 1 500 000 records). After add payments user must click button to calculate balances in Agreements from Tabela splat

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:09
Without being able to read Polish, I can't help much but:
1. you have no relationships enforced
2. Even with the language difference, I see repeating groups and I'm guessing that there are others.

viperlodz

Local time
I find interesting thing in QNAP. When I tick "oplock" in SMB properties it works very fast. So the problem is when it was disabled. QNAP has problem with sharing files with that option disabled.

viperlodz

Local time
Ok I have a solution. QNAP has problem with samba. You can install your own samba controller in container and it works very fast. So finnaly it's possible to use QNAP but better option is to buy server with Windows Server where aren't any problems.

amorosik

Local time
Qnap can install a MySql/MariaDb and executed on it's own cpu/memory
Also periodic db backup can be scheduled
Your front-end can connect via odbc with Qnap/MySql
On performance side, many things must be evaluate and changed to adapt your front-end procedure with new db server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom