Changing bound form to unbound (1 Viewer)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 01:54
Hi all,
is there a way to change a bound form to an unbound form w/o rebuilding it?
i read, in another post, that in a bound form records are automatically saved. i want my users to have to click the save button or add record button for their record to be saved... dont want it to be automatically done.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:54
You can do that with a bound form! Set a Boolean variable to false in the Current event and *only* set it true with your button. Then in the BeforeUpdate event of the form, if your variable is not true, reset everything with a Me.UnDo. It is that simple.
I believe ghudson's Better Mouse Trap uses a similar technique.

rainman89

Local time
Yes i saw the mousetrap right before i left work last nite.. did a search quickly and didnt have time to play with it before i left.. will check it out more today as i have time.

update: Got it working!!! thanks again RG

Last edited:

stallyon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:54
but to answer your original question. add all the fields as if you were creating a bound form. then select all the fields on the form, with all fields selected type any letter into the control source for the fields and press return. all fields which change control source to that you typed in, now select all the fields again and this type delete the letter you typed in. the control source for all fields will be deleted and you are left with an unbound form but with all the text boxes with the same names as the fields they represent :D

rainman89

Local time
Good to know for future use!! thanks Stallyon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom