Check Box Question (1 Viewer)

jcruzAME

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:40
Quick question about Check Boxes and their default value.

I have a form that pulls data from a table, one column which -1 or 0 and assigned to a check box.

The problem I'm having is, it seems to populate correctly based on the current record, but if I try to add a new record, it defaults to being checked.

I've set the default value as 0 and False but when I create a new record it still shows up as checked when I try to add a new record.

Is there something else I need to do to make it unchecked on a new record?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:40
Some things to do, even if you think you've already done them:
  1. Check the Control Source of the Checkbox to insure that it is, in fact, Bound to a Field in the underlying Table. Given what you've said, it sounds as if the Checkbox might actually be Unbound. If you tick a Checkbox in one Record, then move to another, New Record, the Checkbox will be ticked in that Record as well. The last Value entered in an Unbound Control is the Value of that Control in all Records.
  2. Where are you setting the Default Value, at the Form Level or at the Table Level? I'd check for a Default Value of -1 at the opposite place. If you're setting it at the Table Level, check it at the Form Level, and vice versa.
  3. Check for code in the Form_Open, Form_Load and Form_Current Events of the Form that might be doing this.
  4. As a last effort, try Deleting the Checkbox then Re-creating it. Controls can and do become Corrupted, and anytime nonsensical things occur in Access, Corruption is always a likely culprit.
A last question: Is this your app or one that you've inherited?

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom