Check Two Time Values (1 Viewer)

JithuAccess

Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
Hello Guys,

I have two Fields in my Table Review Start Time and Review End Time and the Data type is Date/Time. These are the values in these Fields:

1622647751643.png

When a user enter a Time between 8:15 AM and 4:20 PM in the Form, I want to find the count of these Records. For Example if a user Enter 8:16 AM to 4:20 PM I want to show in a Text Box as 2, because there is already a Time 8:15 AM and 4:20 PM in the Table and now we have a new value 8:16 AM and 4:20 PM which comes Between 8:15 AM and 4:20 PM. So here, I need to check the Review Start Time and Review End Time in the Text Boxes in my Form with the Data already in the Table

Can I display this in a Text Box Using DCount Function?

Thanks

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:29
Yes , something like

DCount("*","YourTableName","ReviewStartTime > " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & " AND " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & "< ReviewEndTime ")

This might well have been easier with DateTime Fields as how do you know which date you are comparing?

JithuAccess

Local time
Yes , something like

DCount"*","YourTableName","ReviewStartTime > " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & " AND " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & "< ReviewEndTime ")

This might well have been easier with DateTime Fields as how do you know which date you are comparing?
Thanks a lot. I think I can add another criteria like Between [Forms]![My Form]![Start Date] and [Forms]![My Form]![End Date]

May be a very bad Logic.

Thanks

JithuAccess

Local time
Yes , something like

DCount("*","YourTableName","ReviewStartTime > " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & " AND " & Timevalue([YourReviewStartTime]) & "< ReviewEndTime ")

Hi,

This is my Code:

Code:
=DCount("*","[tblReviewed Hours]","[Review Start Time] > " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & " AND " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "< [Review End Time] ")

I am getting #Error

Thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Put all the criteria into a string variable and debug.print that to see what you produce, when correct use that in the domain function.

JithuAccess

Local time
Put all the criteria into a string variable and debug.print that to see what you produce, when correct use that in the domain function.
Thanks a lot.

This is the Error Message I am getting when I put the Code in the Lost Focus Event of Review End Time

Code:
Text120.ControlSource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", "[Review Start Time] > " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & " AND " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "< [Review End Time] ")

1622661386435.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Need space before < and # surrounding times perhaps?

JithuAccess

Local time
Need space before < and # surrounding times perhaps?
Hi,

I changed code to

Code:
Text120.ControlSource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", "#[Review Start Time]# > " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & " AND " & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & " < #[Review End Time]# ")

But still getting Error

1622662233810.png

Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:29
When you have a date/time FIELD in a record, Access knows it is a date and/or time. However, a string such as 1-Jan-2021 might be an expression involving a variable named Jan - unless you bracket the literal date constant with #, as #1-Jan-2021# - and date/time combinations are permitted as well: #03/15/2021 14:51# - which would be a valid date/time constant in the afternoon of the Ides of March.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:29
That is a lot to bite off in one line. The control source looks bizarre to me. The dcount returns a number. You could have a control source like "=7" to show 7
Code:
dim startTime as string
dim EndTime as string
dim criteria as string
startTime = "#" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & "#"
endTime = "#" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "#"
criteria = "[Review Start Time] > " & startTime & "AND " & EndTime & " < [Review End Time]"
debug.print criteria
'The below makes no sense how can a control source be a number.  It would have to be "=N"
text120.controlsource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", criteria)

JithuAccess

Local time
When you have a date/time FIELD in a record, Access knows it is a date and/or time. However, a string such as 1-Jan-2021 might be an expression involving a variable named Jan - unless you bracket the literal date constant with #, as #1-Jan-2021# - and date/time combinations are permitted as well: #03/15/2021 14:51# - which would be a valid date/time constant in the afternoon of the Ides of March.
Hi,

I have changed Code

Code:
Text120.ControlSource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", "[Review Start Time] > #" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & "# AND #" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "# < [Review End Time]")

and this time I am getting #Name? Error in the Text Box.

Thanks

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 01:29
and this time I am getting #Name? Error in the Text Box
Wow you cannot debug this single line of complex code? Really? My clues did not help. Please provide you debug.print as I showed.

JithuAccess

Local time
That is a lot to bite off in one line. The control source looks bizarre to me. The dcount returns a number. You could have a control source like "=7" to show 7
Code:
dim startTime as string
dim EndTime as string
dim criteria as string
startTime = "#" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & "#"
endTime = "#" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "#"
criteria = "[Review Start Time] > " & startTime & "AND " & EndTime & " < [Review End Time]"
debug.print criteria
'The below makes no sense how can a control source be a number.  It would have to be "=N"
text120.controlsource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", criteria)
Thanks a lot for your Reply.

To find a sum based on criteria, I am using DCount Function. The criteria I am adding in the Control Source Property of a Text Box.

1622663947825.png

I wan this in an Event. So I put this Code in the Lost Focus Event of a Text Box Like:

Code:
Private Sub Review_End_Time_LostFocus()

Text120.ControlSource = DCount("*", "[tblReviewed Hours]", "[Review Start Time] > #" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review Start Time]) & "# AND #" & TimeValue([Forms]![frmReviewed Hours]![Review End Time]) & "# < [Review End Time]")

End Sub

I think this should Return the Sum in to the Text Box120

Thanks

JithuAccess

Local time
Wow you cannot debug this single line of complex code? Really? My clues did not help. Please provide you debug.print as I showed.
Thanks. Your clues Helped me a lot Sir. But scared VBA Codes :)

JithuAccess

Local time
Sorry it is my Fault. As Gasman suggested I changed my Code Text120= instead of Text120.ControlSource, my apologies

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Start giving your controls meaningful names. A few months from now text120 will mean nothing to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom