Checkbox (YesNo) field problem (1 Viewer)

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:08
I have a problem in datasheet view of my table.

I have 6 checkbox fields in my backend table. If I open the backend database directly and open the table everything is OK.

But if I open this same table from my frontend as a linked table, only two fields are displayed as checkboxes and others as textboxes.

I tried relinking tables but it did not work.

Can anyone help ?

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Also one more thing.

If I make any change to any field (not just yes/no) directly in the backend in table design view everything starts to work.
(I cant do this for each customer individually as there are many customers)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:08
Well, first off it shouldn't matter how it looks in the table. Users shouldn't be in the tables or in queries. They should be interfacing with forms and reports and therefore you can make it look however you want.

Second, it is basically a lookup field setting which determines what the display in the table looks like. If you open a table and go to the lookup tab on a true/false, yes/no field it will let you choose Checkbox instead of Textbox. So, that is how you can change it and therefore you could use DAO to iterate through and change them. I don't have any code to do that at the moment but I might be able to fashion something if you can't find anything that already exists and then you could have your customers open up a database file to fix the backend as long as they didn't have the regular program open.

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
If you open a table and go to the lookup tab on a true/false, yes/no field it will let you choose Checkbox instead of Textbox. So, that is how you can change it and therefore you could use DAO to iterate through and change them. I don't have any code to do that at the moment but I might be able to fashion something if you can't find anything that already exists and then you could have your customers open up a database file to fix the backend as long as they didn't have the regular program open.

Thank you Bob. Unfortunately, I already tried all this. All the fields have the same settings, and all look the same in the backend table.

I even tried looping all the fields in DAO and setting the values once more, but nothing happened.

The reason this is bothering me is when I design a form and drop a control from a field list, it shows as textbox. So I have to put a blank control and do all manually instead of drag and drop.

And it only does it for some fields and it is driving me nuts. (Afraid of database corruption).

Even tried creating new FE and importing everything, it did not help.

If it is of some help, it also doesn't show default values for some fields in the last (new - * - empty) record in table.

In fact all the weird stuff is happening from the field 13 to the end. From 1 to 13 everything is fine.

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
This is how it looks like.

In linked table:

The same table in backend:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Here are again

and the second one

Attachments

• Chkbox_Prb1.png
    Chkbox_Prb1.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Chkbox_Prb2.png
    Chkbox_Prb2.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 507

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
So you are telling me that you have all of your fields like that set like this:

Instead of this?

Attachments

• chkboxlookup01.png
    chkboxlookup01.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 495
  • chkboxlookup02.png
    chkboxlookup02.png
    10 KB · Views: 443
  • chkboxlookup03.png
    chkboxlookup03.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 453
  • chkboxlookup04.png
    chkboxlookup04.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 440

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
When I look at table design in the backend it looks just as your first picture and looks ok in the datasheet view.

But, if I open the same table as linked table in my FE, it looks like your third picture. And no matter what I do, it stays like that for those 6 fields and any new field I create.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
And you've relinked using linked table manager?

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, even deleted and linked table again and all the same.

If I just open the table in the backend in the design view and just press the save button without even making any changes it works in the FE also.

exebat

Registered User.
Local time
Is there any way I can automate starting Access, opening BE database, opening table in design view, saving it, and closing Access ?

Or does anyone have any other solution.

Is there a way of going field by field, getting the properties and creating it in the new table, transferring all data and deleting the old table ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom