Checkboxes on form cause run-time error (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
After rearranging my form it appears something happened to my check boxes. In my code, I am just doing true/false checks but am getting run time error 2424, The expression you entered has a field, control, or property name that Access can't find.

I have deleted the controls and re-added them. I have tried switching the code to refer to their bound field instead, but nothing seems to work. Is it possible the form is corrupted?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Possible -sure.
But why not attach a copy o the problem database when you have a "new" and persistent error.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:49
What do you mean by "Rearrange" ? If the check boxes were bound and in the form's detail section, their position on screen within the same section is totally immaterial. Access can locate data fields in any order.

However, if you changed the section of the form in which that box was located, that might make some difference. Did you rename a control? Be more specific about "rearrange" so we can understand and help you.

tmyers

Local time
It would appear somewhere along the line, a join in my forms control query somehow became invalid. It just so happened the code I was messing with affected just checkboxes which became messed up as a result of the messed up join. Don't know how it happened, but it has been fixed and everything is working again.

Also, that was a nice bit of info Majp, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom