Chemical Attacks on the rise (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:02
A man recently unleashed a vicious chemical assault against a woman and a child, believed to be his own family members. (Edited)

Unfortunately for the attacker, Abdul Ezedi and ironically a form of karma, it looks like, from security camera videos that he got some in his own eye!

Hopefully, the possibility of injuring yourself while performing a chemical attack will deter future perpetrators.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:02
A man recently unleashed a vicious chemical assault against a woman and a child, believed to be his own family members. (Edited)

Unfortunately for the attacker, Abdul Ezedi and ironically a form of karma, it looks like, from security camera videos that he got some in his own eye!

Hopefully, the possibility of injuring yourself while performing a chemical attack will deter future perpetrators.

That is so terribly sad. When people do stuff like this it makes me very sad. What an awful thing to saddle someone with, the residue and burning of all that. Glad he got some in his eye.

Reminds me of my little pepper spray I carry on neighborhood walks, as we have had bad experiences with aggressive dogs roaming free before, but half the time the wind is such that it wouldn't do me much good anyway - or would spray me more than the beast.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If we were to simply prohibit all chemicals that pose potential risks, criminals wouldn't be able use them against us, ensuring everyone's safety. Problem solved, you're welcome. ;)

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 07:02
From the article:
Ezedi is a former Afghani national and is said to have been given British residency on account of converting to Christianity.

Just because you claim to be something doesn't mean you are. I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered anyways, people are just waltzing into our country and committing crimes without any recourse. It seems the UK has the same sort of problem.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
X
Are you allowed to carry anything in the nature of self defense?

In the UK, knife laws are stringent. For example there used to be restrictions on blade length, typically prohibiting carrying knives with blades over a certain size, I seem to recall six inches. However, current regulations make it illegal to carry a knife in public without a legitimate reason, regardless of the knife's size. This applies to pocket knives with blades shorter than 3 inches. It never used to, you used to be okay with a pocket knife.

If you're stopped by police while carrying a baseball bat and you explain you're on your way to play baseball on the village green, that's considered a valid reason. However, if you said you were going to use the bat as a weapon, you're likely to be charged with carrying an offensive weapon. Its not just the item, but also your intent...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you're stopped by police while carrying a baseball bat
My daughter is an officer in the US Air Force, as is her husband. Years ago they were stationed in England for 3 years. Her squadron gave her a truncheon as a going away present. It was engraved with a "thank you..." message, etc. Clearly a souvenir. Airport security at Heathrow found it in her luggage and pulled her out of line, brought her to a little room where she was questioned by 2 officers.

One was more of a hard-case, insisted it was a weapon and was illegal to posses in England (but sir, it was purchased at a gift shop in England...). He really had it in for her and was threatening to arrest her. In the end they agreed to let the air crew of the flight decide. The captain apparently laughed and said "no problem, come aboard".

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I live near the former greenham air base, that's why I asked ..

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
X

In the UK, knife laws are stringent. For example there used to be restrictions on blade length, typically prohibiting carrying knives with blades over a certain size, I seem to recall six inches. However, current regulations make it illegal to carry a knife in public without a legitimate reason, regardless of the knife's size. This applies to pocket knives with blades shorter than 3 inches. It never used to, you used to be okay with a pocket knife.

If you're stopped by police while carrying a baseball bat and you explain you're on your way to play baseball on the village green, that's considered a valid reason. However, if you said you were going to use the bat as a weapon, you're likely to be charged with carrying an offensive weapon. Its not just the item, but also your intent...

Isn't the only result, that people would be prohibited from carrying those weapons outwardly (such that the police could see them in the first place) ?
So isn't the net result of those laws such that the only people left carrying knives are the bad guys, hidden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom