Clearing filters in subform (1 Viewer)

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:36
I'm slightly confused at what is happening so hopefully something could offer some advice...

I have a subform in datasheet view and a button on the main form which is used to clear all filters in the subform.

The button's OnClick event calls a procedure on the subform. The procedure in the subform has the following code :

Code:
Me.filter = ""
Me.filterOn = false
Docmd.Save acform, subformName
Debug.Print "Filter : " & Me.filter
Me.requery

I also have debug print outs which shows the current filter on the forms OnLoad and OnClose events.

Everything works fine but somehow when I reopen the main form (with subform) the filter gets reset to the previous one.

I can change filters and that saves ok but if I clear filter it always returns to the previous ones when I reopen the form containing the subform...

What am I doing wrong?

For reference the filter string in subform looks like "(qrySubformQuerySource.Fieldname)="xx""

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Right... this is getting weird. I've manually cleared the filter in the subform (Design View > Property Sheet > Data tab > Filter and saved the subform. Now it won't remember the last filters!

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Not sure if this is as easy as it appears, but just set FilterOn = False in the FormOpen event for the main form, that way no filters would be active after opening the form? Dont forget the main form sub form syntax>> MainForm!SubFormHolderName.Form

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've thought about doing that but in some cases I still want users to "remember" the filters. Basically I want the filter to be saved everytime it's changed.

I might have missed something here as right now I can't even save the filters anymore o.0

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Anyone using MS Access 2010 managed to get filters saved in Datasheet view at all? Basically all I want to do is for the subform to remember the user's last saved filters.

I have inserted debug.print statements during the forms load and close events. From observation the filter gets cleared the next time the subform is reopened. I have checked my code and there's nothing clearing the filters. I have the subform's apply filter on load property set to yes but that doesn't seem to help.

It's just not saving the last filter to the form somehow... I have force a Docmd.Save in the subform's On Apply filter event but that doesn't help...

Edit: Urgh...this is frustrating. Have another similiar-ish form and filters seem to save on that one. The only difference in this is that the subform resides in a tab control...

Last edited:

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Right, the only difference between the form that's working and not is that in the form that's not working I have the subforms in a tab control. Will tab control be the issue here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom