Click Locked/Disabled controls, prompt for variable (1 Viewer)

Futures_Bright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:29
Hi all,

I have a form for reviews ("Review") which locks and disables almost all controls when the review is verified. On this form is a sub -form ("ReviewDocSubForm") which shows related documents to the review in a continuous format; all controls on this form are locked/disabled by default and the user edits a particular 'line' by clicking a button on each row with the following code to open up another form:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "DocLink", acNormal, , "[DocLinkID]=" & [I][U][B]Me.DocLinkID[/B][/U][/I] & ""

To clarify, the subform is the only control on the "Review" form which is locked/disabled other than the 'Tab Controls' for the "Review" form.

I've noticed that on verified reviews (i.e. where the controls can't be edited) that when I click on any control a prompt box comes up asking for:
ReviewDocSubForm.Form!DocLinkID
and I can't work out why. This occurs both when there are records on the continuous subform (i.e. there is an entry for DocLinkID, key field) and also when there are no records

The button mentioned above is the only place in my code which calls up this control - I can't work out why this is prompt appears, any suggestions so I can stop this messagebox appearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom