Solved Close a subform without closing the parent Form (1 Viewer)

yamus

Local time
Today, 02:01
Hello
I have 2 forms: frmA and frmB.
frmB is a subForm of frmB
frmB has a close button. I used the DoCmd.close command attempting to close frmB but what happens is that frmA also closes.
What can I do to prevent frmA from closing? In other words, I want to close only frmB

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:01
Can you show us your code?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
If it is a subform you can set the subform control to Visible = false. Or you can set the source object to ""

yamus

Local time
Hello
I have 2 forms: frmA and frmB.
frmB is a subForm of frmB
frmB has a close button. I used the DoCmd.close command attempting to close frmB but what happens is that frmA also closes.
What can I do to prevent frmA from closing? In other words, I want to close only frmB
Hi
I attached to images
1- The parent formA within which is frmB
2- The code in the "close button" event
As you can see, I only used DoCmd.close command

Attachments

• img_1.PNG
    img_1.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 219
  • img_2.PNG
    img_2.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 203

MajP

Local time
You should never use close without explicitly stating what to close. You can get inadvertent results. The code should always be
docmd.close ACFORM, Me.name
This ensures you are closing the thing you want.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:01
Why would you want to close a subform without closing the main form? The subform is embedded in the other form.
That's like saying I want to cut down this tree--but only the "middle" of it, I'd like the rest of the trunk on bottom and top to keep standing.

MajP

Local time
AFAIK, there is no way to "close" as form instantiated as a subform. If you want to make it look like it closes see my original response and two examples. Wiping out the sourceobject will leave the subform control still visible. Or you can hide it.

Attachments

• CloseSub.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 217

yamus

Local time
AFAIK, there is no way to "close" as form instantiated as a subform. If you want to make it look like it closes see my original response and two examples. Wiping out the sourceobject will leave the subform control still visible. Or you can hide it.
Hi
It is exactly as you mentionned. After few searches online, I came across the idea of hiding subforms as if they are being closed.
I disabled the focus on the subform by setting the focus on another contol from the parent form and then I set the visibilty of the subform to none
Thank you anywaty for the help

yamus

Local time
Hi
Thank you everybody. I think I found a solution.
1- Disable the focus on the subform by setting focus on another control from the parent form
2- Set the visibility of the subform to false
Once again, I appreciate your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom