Closing with a MsgBox still open (1 Viewer)

Topher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
hey there,

i have a dB that i want to close programmatically. i know how to do this with the docmd.quit command. and i've bin able to setup a form with a timer which checks the value of a field in a table - when the times match the system shuts down fine. my only beef so far is on some of the other forms in the db, there is a check when they are closed that checks for changes on the date of that form. if changes are made a msgbox pops up asking if you want to save changes. when the timer function runs down and goes to shutdown the system, it won't shut down until the user selects yes or no. i have the vbapplicationmodal option on the message box, and have tried taking that off as well but the system still waits for the message box to finish.

any ideas on how to get around this??

- T

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:42
This may be overly simple but how about this:

Create a Global Variable that is set to True when the Shutdown is selected.

On each form that does the Save check, have it check to see if this variable is true. If it is false have the message box appear, if it is true then skip the message box and do what you want (Auto Save or Cancel changes)

Topher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
Your right that is overly simple - but ive bin lookin at this thing for so long - simple completely escapes me! hehe thanks!

i'll give that a go!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom