cmd Datasheet view (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 06:17
I am in the process of making a form (Mail Log) that I easily pull only recipients (around 30) than want email or snail mail. Cmd’s on form opens only who wants email or who only want snail mail or everybody. Another cmd switches to datasheet view. I can make the datasheet view cmd go to email, snail mail, or all. I want cmd datasheet to go to whatever form view I am on, etc. snail E, or All. Have no idea to even know what to google. Any ideas.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:17
Surely the recordset for the form is the same regardless of what view you choose?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The recipient has a field that specifies email or snailmail or both (leaving the option for some other choice later). So, the selection pulls all people who will get the letter then uses a case statement that decides whether to print or to sent and email. The email code goes further and if there is an error from the email client, it logs the error and prints the letter so the recipient gets something.

There is no reason to make the user run the procedure twice. If you want to separate them, that's OK but run them one after the other.

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
The recipient has a field that specifies email or snailmail or both (leaving the option for some other choice later). So, the selection pulls all people who will get the letter then uses a case statement that decides whether to print or to sent and email. The email code goes further and if their is an error from the email client, it logs the error and prints the letter so the recipient gets something.

There is no reason to make the user run the procedure twice. If you want to separate them, that's OK but run them one after the other.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom