CODE ASSISTANT - @mztools.com (1 Viewer)

devlinp

Local time
Today, 00:24
Hi all,

I am not sure if you already know about this. This is a freeware tool that would help in coding (VBA/VB/VB.NET).

May be it could help you in your day to day coding work. :rolleyes:

For further details - http://www.mztools.com

Following is what the website says about the tool
<<QUOTE>>

MZ-Tools will allow you to enjoy the following benefits during the development of your applications:

To write code faster: There are features that will allow you to insert exception handlers, snippets of code, etc. with a single mouse click, keyboard shortcut or expansion keyword, or to use assistants to create new procedures, message boxes, connection strings, etc.

To find code faster: With the enhanced Find feature of this add-in, all the results are shown in a hierarchical tree inside a dockable window that allows you to remove occurrences that are not of interest along with many other enhancements. Other features allow you to find all code locations that call a given procedure, to keep a list of favorite procedures, etc.

To design forms faster: There are features that will allow you to apply default properties to a control when it is added to a form, to set the TabIndex property of all the controls of a form with one click (or even none), etc.

To document your code faster: There are features that will allow you to insert headers (to a procedure, class or file) with a single mouse click or keyboard shortcut. These headers are customizable and allow the use of predefined variables (such as the procedure name) or user-defined variables. Furthermore, other features will generate documentation about your source code in XML and HTML formats.

To ensure the quality of your code and applications: There are features that can add line numbers for error handlers, code reviews that can detect dead code, review the TabIndex or access keys of your controls, review forbidden or mandatory text, etc. Even better, from version 4.0 for Visual Studio .NET you can write your own review operations with very little effort.

<<END QUOTE>>

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 03:24
Has anyone tried this product?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've used it for some time and love it.

WindSailor

Registered User.
Local time
Same here...

I haven't used the one for .Net, just the free VBA version for Access.
I use CodeRush for .Net, but I will probably give it a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom