Code Colors Like In VB Editor (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 07:43
Well it uses the Addin image if I Change CodeDb for CurrentDb but the problem there is it overwrites the main app icon setting so not a good Idear:(

Dreamweaver

Local time
Decided not to use the tree view I like it but after not having the MSCOMCTL.OCX on my system, I really don't want users to struggle to get it working so will work out something else.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thanks Minty But The users of this will be at all levels so I have to make it simple to get running I do llike the treeview but as this could be used on any system.
If I had an installer it wouldn't be a problem but I haven't so and have decided to go for the simple solution for this version.
As it's a addin I could be giving myself more headaches.

thanks

Dreamweaver

Local time
This is what I've decide to do:
I'll add a combo for the platforms and play with it a bit maybe adding a name limit

2020-04-23 (4).png

martinoermando

Local time
I am just starting builds a code library and Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin one I the problems I wanted to get over first was the code colors as I would like to match what is in the editor

I have a replace tool but it's not up to the job but thought I would see If I could find a setting that worked but no luck there.

so before I get into looping through a string I was hoping somebody would know of a function out there that I could use to format the code

many thanks mick
View attachment 81115
i'm attending and presenting at the Virtual Access DevCon. In case you didn't see the notice:

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:43
hi Mick,

coming back to wrap this up in case the comments were hard to follow. Although the link for Color Comments Green has been updated to include a link to color keywords too, thought it'd be good to post the link here too.

Tool > Add-in > Color VBA Code
http://msaccessgurus.com/tool/Addin_ColorCode.htm

Many add-in don't let you see the source code ... but this is just an ACCDB that has been renamed, so its not protected, giving you the ability to learn and modify. You can color code for BB, html, or whatever else ~

Steps to install an add-in are listed in case you need them ~

Dreamweaver

Local time
Hi Crystal, I haven't had a chance to look into it yet been stuggling with a few things soon as I get the next template finished I'll look at making a updated version of the Code library.

all the best mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
Hi @strive4peace I'm just about to start work in including your Code Documenter in my Code Library plus start a few upgrades on things I don't like like the List order which is the main annoyance.

I'm going to create a new Estimate And update the ERD so I can build an updater for the Data Files

Last edited:

vicycletwo

Local time
Today, 12:13
If you have change tracking turned on in Visual Studio, then you'll be getting highlights in the right-hand margin of your editor window flagging the condition of lines in the current file. If you're not getting those lines and would like to, then go to Tools | Options | Text Editor and check the Track Changes option.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:43
@MickJav,
I know this thread is old, buts s you know I built a very extensive class to make using the treeview much easier.
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/posts/1673879/
I have also done the same with the JKP Treeview. This is a helper to load from a query. I also added some events and modified some of the code (🤫 do not tell anyone.) This JKP Treeview is extremely portable to anyone with Office since it is MSFORMS based. It will be supported. PM if still interested. I may have already posted a demo using it.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:43
I have not had time to do some commenting on this. You can look at the provided demos which I thought were poor. There was too many superfluous bells and whistles. I built a class to allow you a simple way to load queries. See my load class. The key was to load a self referencing or non self referencing query. BUT always write the query the same way. If the query is configured correctly it loads.
Basically all queries will be the same.
Need to know the text to display, the unique identifier for the node (PK), parent id (parent PK) and a table where the node came from.
If you want to try loading your db, you can dig into this or I can talk you through.

Attachments

• MSFORMS TreeView Demo.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom