Code: VBA Google Earth KML File Placemarks (1 Viewer)

ironfelix717

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:32
Finally after some long hours, I was able to cobble together some code to work with KML files in VBA/Access.
The attached example includes an object that allows for the following features....

**this code is focused on placemarks only and does not support any other GE geometry (i.e. paths)**

1.) Creating a KML file from scratch quickly by specifying coordinates, name, etc.​
-Includes up to 10 custom marker types​
2.) Parsing Placemarks from KML file to VBA​
3.) Parsing Placemarks from KML file directly to Access Table.​

Items 2 and 3 are especially valuable to me because all the "solutions" that exist don't return reliable data (missing data pieces, including folders/subfolders in data set). This code extracts just the placemarks and has no regard for the folder/subfolders that the placemarks in the source file might exist in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I learned:
XML is a terrible data solution which I now have a love/hate relationship with.

Credits:
No individuals in particular. Other forum contributors on the web who have messed with KML/XML stuff. Thank you.

Closing:
I won't maintain this code unless a large bug is found. It was thrown together quickly and I hope its valuable to someone.

Regards----

Attachments

• KML Parse Example 6-23-20.zip
    61.5 KB · Views: 837

Pleasure

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:32
So
Finally after some long hours, I was able to cobble together some code to work with KML files in VBA/Access.
The attached example includes an object that allows for the following features....

**this code is focused on placemarks only and does not support any other GE geometry (i.e. paths)**

1.) Creating a KML file from scratch quickly by specifying coordinates, name, etc.​
-Includes up to 10 custom marker types​
2.) Parsing Placemarks from KML file to VBA​
3.) Parsing Placemarks from KML file directly to Access Table.​

Items 2 and 3 are especially valuable to me because all the "solutions" that exist don't return reliable data (missing data pieces, including folders/subfolders in data set). This code extracts just the placemarks and has no regard for the folder/subfolders that the placemarks in the source file might exist in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I learned:
XML is a terrible data solution which I now have a love/hate relationship with.

Credits:
No individuals in particular. Other forum contributors on the web who have messed with KML/XML stuff. Thank you.

Closing:
I won't maintain this code unless a large bug is found. It was thrown together quickly and I hope its valuable to someone.

Regards----
Can we have an access 2003 version of it ?
Thank you

bejaranoangel

Local time
Yesterday, 23:32
Hello!
Here you got the sample accdb.
Best Regards

Attachments

• TakePicture.accdb
    832 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom