Column editing in table view (1 Viewer)

C

calsaccess

Can you please post or answer how to solve this problem:

I have an estimating database which has default values for the records.

when I start a new job, I filter by jobname to get my default job only.

Then I copy and paste the records to the database in table view.

What I need to do next is change the "jobname" from default job to the current estimate.

Traditionally, I have edited each record by editing the first pasted record and then using ctrl-' to copy the same name in the record below. By doing this, I have two identical sets of records until I edit the jobname on each of the pasted records to the revised new name.

I continue doing this editing all the way down until the last pasted record is updated.

Then I can filter by the new estimate name and input values for that job only. If I filter before I edit, it will show the 'fixed' record set and my pasted copy since they are identical.

How can I edit the column/pasted records to not have to do this 648 times per job. Help!!! Calvin

I thought if I copied the records I want to duplicate, then applied a new filter for the new name ( which would produce a table with no records), then I could paste the ones I copied, and edit the entire jobname column. The problem is, in table view I don't know if we can edit the entire column at once. All my efforts have failed. Please check it out.

Last edited:

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Yesterday, 17:58
Create an Update query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom