Column not populating from SQL Server (1 Viewer)

leok31

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:55
Im experiencing very weird behavior from Access.
Im populating Access table using a stored procedure from SQL Server.
Here is the code that does the populating.
The problem area is the rst!id (highlighted in red). This is the Identity Column from SQL Server. When Access gets to 32768 it results in a blank in the Access Table. Ive Included the picture.
When I step through the loop and get to that 'id' I can see that the next value is there, by hovering over 'rst!id'. So I know that the value is not NULL but it does not record it in the table.

This continues for the remainder of the load, which is few more thousand rows.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Code:
Do Until rst.EOF

strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblStationPatronageEstimate (pax,transactions,time_band,day_type,entrance, " & _
" from_date,to_date,id,station_entrance_id,number_of_days,average_pax_per_day,average_tran_per_day,vr_used_name,vr_used,userid, " & _
" time_stamp, completed,comment) " & _
" VALUES( " & rst!pax & "," & rst!Transactions & ",'" & rst!time_band & "', '" & rst!day_type & "', " & _
" '" & rst!entrance & "', '" & rst!from_date & "','" & rst!to_date & "', " & _
[COLOR="Red"]" " & rst!id & ",[/COLOR] " & rst!station_entrance_id & ", " & rst!number_of_days & ", " & rst!average_pax_per_day & ", " & _
" " & rst!average_tran_per_day & ", '" & rst!vr_used_name & "'," & rst!vr_used & ", " & _
" '" & rst!userId & "', '" & rst!time_stamp & "', '" & rst!completed & "','" & rst!comment & "' )  "

CurrentDb.Execute strSQL
rst.MoveNext
Loop

The results

Attachments

• access_table_null_result.JPG
    access_table_null_result.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 147

leok31

Registered User.
Local time
Ive figured it out. The id column in access was set to integer, when I set it to Long it worked.
Although Im not sure why this made a different. I thought that Integer has a much greater limit than 32,000
Also I was not getting an error that the number cant fit?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:55
Integer in SQL Server is the same as Long in Access. +/- (2^31 -1)

Integer in Access is +/- (2^15 -1)

leok31

Registered User.
Local time
ok, so when ever I import integers from SQL Server into Access I should use VBA Long insted of integer to be safe.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom