Columns in sub-reports, revisited (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Turnip

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:05
Hello all,

This question was posed by Webbmi on 7-11-00, but got no response. I guess it's worth another shot, though...

Basically, is there any way you can get a subreport to be displayed in columns? If you set columns in the page settings of the subreport, they are displayed when you view the report on its own. But in the main report it reverts to a single column. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Dear Mr Turnip,

Would it not be feasible to create two tall thin subreports next to each other to give the illusion of a columnar sub report?

Guaranteed to cause you brain ache!

Ian

Neal

Registered User.
Local time
I have a report/subreport that does exactly what you want to do. I have the subreport set up to print in three columns, which it does, both on its own and in the main report. I can't imagine why yours won't work. On the main report, have you made the subreport field wide enough to accommodate multiple columns? If you are still stumpped, I will send you a sample.

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
There is a known bug in Access 97 and 2K in that the page setups do not keep once opened up for modification or viewed in preview. Microsoft has now found that if you go into the Options in the main menu of your database and click on the general tab and unclick the field "Perform Name Auto Correct", then your page setup margins and settings will be saved.

Try this and see if it helps.

Good luck.

Carol

Jimmy Turnip

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks very much for your replies. I tried all of your suggestions, but with no joy. In the end, I got my solution from Access Help (for once...it was a very special moment for me!).

The short version is that you can't have the "down then across" setting in the subreport and the "can grow" property in the subreport's frame set to Yes - one of them has got to go.

I feel truly changed! Once again, thanks for your help ;0)

JT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom