Combining table fields with query (1 Viewer)

Cameroncha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:08
Hello everyone. I have a table in which i have seperated out different elements of a description for each item that i have in my database. For convenience, i've made an additional field (non editable) which combines all fields together for simple copy paste abilities out of the database:

This is what i coded:
DescriptionAll: "General: " & [Copy] & "Atheletes: " & [Riders] & "Locations: " & [Locations] & "Bonus Material: " & [Bonus] & "Review: " & [Review]

Here lies the problem. In my local version of the database i can copy the entire field. . . on other machines with Sychronized copies of my Design Master they can only copy up to 255 characters...

how can i make the field copy like a "memo" formatted feild ??

Much appreciated >>> Cameron

BLeslie88

B Leslie
Local time
Personally...

I would build a parameter query that would concatenate all the fields together exactly as you stated, prompting for a filter ID or unique ID and this would give you a response without care for the results length... There after, export the query to a .txt file in a Macro TransferText Method to a directory and file name of your choice....

Regards,

Last edited:

Cameroncha

Registered User.
Local time
hmmm.... not really what i am looking for. If you look at my attached image .... you can see that as you look through items there are seperated fields for entry but then "DescriptionAll" combines that same information together for copy paste opportunities....

I dont think a paramater query will do me any good.... that just restricts information base on paramaters that i give to limit records.... i am l ooking to assure that the data type of this field is set to "memo" ???

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom