Combo Box - (A ~ Z) (1 Viewer)

HL

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:54
Can anyone help!!!!!

I have a table [TblApplicants], which has 5000 records of people's datails, which i do not want to tuch!

On a form i have a combo box, which list's the [Surname] and the [First Name] in the row source properties.

Is there anything that i can add to the row source properties, to make the [Surname] and the [First Name] appear A ~ Z, when the combo box appears on the form.

If you can help, that will be great!!!!

Regards

HL

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
In the underlying query for the combobox, set the sort properties of the first and surname fields to ascending.

HL

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks charityg for the info.

I do know about the ascending fields that you can use in a query to put the two set of names in order. But in this case, I was trying to get the information which sits in the combo box straight from the table, then sorting the A ~ Z order in the row source or another properties in the combo box.

Cheers

HL

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
I guess I don't understand. The rowsource for a combobox is based on a query. Setting the sort properties on the query fields will sort the resulting data in the combobox.

Is there something I'm not getting that you're trying to do?

ALF3911

Local time
I think I understand what you want to do. The easiest way I know to do this is as follows:

In the combo box properties, click on the ... box and build a query to handle the combo box based on your table. Insert the field you are listing and sort is ascending or decending based on your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom