Combo Box filter continuous form- Suburb & Post Code (1 Viewer)

Little_Anj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:21
Hi, I know there are quite a few threads about combo boxes and continuous forms so I will apologise in advance if this is already solved somewhere else.
(I will take a good link to a post as a solution).

I have a continuous form (works great), with two combo boxes that navigate (rather than limit/ filter the list) to the desired selection.
One for suburb and one for postcode.
They work great (ish)!

I have expanded the select criteria for the suburb to include postcode as some suburb names are used in more than one state. (I do not want to have to select a state, then suburb).
I changed the column count to see the postcode next to the suburb, however when the selection is made only the first instance is selected.

Example.
Epping 2121
Epping 3076

If I chose Epping 3076, Epping 2121 is selected and the continuous form navigates to that suburb (rather than the one with 3076).

Can I change this so that I can still search by postcode, or search by suburb and have the form navigate to the corrected suburb postcode combination?

Little_Anj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks John.

I had already come across and checked out your example.
Good to know, but didn't quite help.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Perhaps you can adapt the principal demonstrated in this sample.

Attachments

• Find Record On SubForm.zip
    549.1 KB · Views: 104

Little_Anj

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again John.

It's a great example, but a little more complicated than what I am aiming for for the end user.

This is what I have, although not working correctly suburb search.png

The two boxes are independent. However I want the suburb box to also filter the postcode based on the selection...

Little_Anj

Registered User.
Local time
Any one else have any other ideas how to select the second occurrence of Suburb column without adding more combo boxes to filter the list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom