Combo Box selection retreives data (1 Viewer)

rupes_mahal

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:08
Hi all,

i have 2 tables:
1)DoctorsDetailsTBL
2)PremiseDetailsTBL

and

I have 2 forms:
1) DocotrsDetailsForm
2) PremiseDetailsForm.

DoctorsDetails table and form are working fine and consist of doctors personal details. In PremiseDetailsForm, I have a section in the form called Doctors Details and other sections. In the Doctors Details section I have a Combo Box, which is a drop down list of Premise codes which relate to the doctors name, address, telephone.These details about the doctor are kept in the DoctorsDetailsTBL.

What I need help with is the doctors section in PremiseDetailsForm. I have 3 text boxs, called Doctors name, address, telephone. Also a combo box called Premise code. The combo box pulls these codes from the DoctorsDetailsTBL. What I need to do is, when a user picks a code from the combo box, I want the text boxes: Doctors name, address and telephone to pull data from the DoctorsDetailsTBL according to the code picked. for example, if i pick A03 from the combo box, then the Doctors name:Smith, address:2 Allen Drive, telephone:999, should appear in the text boxes. I dont know how to do that.
I have the combo box working with the codes, but not the others.

Code = doctors name, address, telephone.

The DoctorsDetailsTBL has this information.

Could someone please help me as I am very struck at the moment. Would appreciate your help very much.

Thanks in advance
Ruby

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:08
You have an example of how to do this on your own PC. Look at the orders form in Orders.mdb or Northwind.mdb.

rupes_mahal

Registered User.
Local time
Hi...thanks for getting back to me. I have looked at the orders.mdb and have tried to work it out, but I still cant get it to work. Please could you advise me of any web page that would explain to me on how to do this. Appreicate your help very much.

Thanks
Ruby

rupes_mahal

Registered User.
Local time
hey...i have it working......thanks alot for your help....just for telling me to use Orders.mdb got it working...thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom