Combo search boxes on all forms have stopped working (1 Viewer)

lilminx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:13
Hi all,

I have a very strange problem, most of the forms in my table have a couple of search boxes to bring up a specific record on the form. All of them have suddenly stopped working.

For example:
The most common search box is for customer code (CustCode). I can type a correct customer code and hit enter and although the code typed now shows in the search box the customer displayed on the form is still the old one. I can select a number from the drop down list and it remains on the current record but the code selected now shows in the search box. However no error messages occur.

I have tried putting new comboboxes on the forms and they exhibit exactly the same problem. Again no error messages are displayed.

Any ideas what may have caused the problem? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jodie

NB. I regularly use the compact and repair facility within the database and this hasn't made any difference.

lilminx

Registered User.
Local time
None of the forms are filtered.

I'm on Access 2003 SP3, although the database itself is in Access 2000. I've tried all the things it suggests on the link you gave me and downloaded and installed the hotfix and they still aren't working.

Any other suggestions?

lilminx

Registered User.
Local time
Just a quick update - I have no idea what caused the error but I have fixed the problem.

When I dropped old forms (from a backed up database that were still working) in to replace the forms that had stopped working it fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom