Combo updating all subform records (1 Viewer)

ChrisMore

Local time
Today, 04:18
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on how to solve an issue I have with the combos in my subform. I have attached a screenshot to help me explain.

I am using a query to limit the items in the 'Product Name' combos and then using this selection to limit the items in the 'Dimensions...' and 'Fixing 1' combos using two more queries. The problem I have is that when I amend the selection in a 'Product Name' combo it then updates all the records for the 'Dimensions...' and 'Fixing 1' combos. I want it to work on a record by record basis so each combo only updates the record it is in.

I don't know if it is something I have missed or not done correctly when I set up the subform...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot 7.png
    Screenshot 7.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I favour a pop-up form.

There's an example on my website, see:-

Checklist With Multiple Choice

ChrisMore

Local time
I favour a pop-up form.

There's an example on my website, see:-

Checklist With Multiple Choice

@Uncle Gizmo , I am unable to get your website to work. My browser says the website redirected too many times. Clearing cookies hasn't helped.

Please can you explain how the pop-up form works for what I am trying to achieve?

ChrisMore

Local time
Bob, I wasn't aware of the term 'cascading combo boxes' before, but now I am I can see this is a frequently questions issue. I have tried some techniques to get this to work, such as in the link you provided, but non have been successful so far. Are there any alternatives to using cascading combo boxes in a continuous form to get my data entry form to work?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
Here's a sample that works with continuous forms. It does NOT work with forms in DS view.

Attachments

• FixCascadingCombos191028.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom