combobox problem (1 Viewer)

maacky99

Access Newbie
Local time
Today, 08:11
I've been searching these forums but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Here's what I need - maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.

I have a table called Customers. For each customer (custid) there can be multiple contacts - contact1, contact2, etc. each with their own phone, e-mail, etc.

I have a form called New Job - when I enter a new job and select the customer - I would like to have a drop down box of the available contacts for that customer (based on custid). Everything I've seen so far only allows me to have a drop down from the same field - not multiple contact fields.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!!

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 07:11
Your question is a little confusing........ A customers contacts? Or your contacts for the customer?
At any rate... Sounds like you need a table for contacts. ContactID, Name, Number so on..... Two fields, Contact1, and contact2 in your Customer table.
On your form have two combo boxes. One for Contact1, the other for contact2. Both lookup from the same table... Contacts.
If I'm following your question correctly.. That should get you what you want.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:11
It would be better to have the <custid> as a Foreign Key in the second table and a separate record for each contact. Then you could have as many contacts as you wish and the table would be normalized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom