command button not showing on form in datasheet view (1 Viewer)

mtc67

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:34
I have a form that is for data input only and on that form I have placed a command button to send you back to the main form. At the moment i cannot do a linked subform ( my preference) as my computer does not have the advanced wizards installed and my supervisor is trying to get it for me.

Anyway when i put the form in design view the command button is definately there but in datasheet view i cannot see it. ( My supervisor wants to input the information in this view) Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks all!

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi MTC67

Your command button is only available in single form view - as a datasheet you only get columns/rows of data and a heading for each column.

The answer lies in what you have already hinted at - make a form (viewed in single form view) and add the datasheet as a subform.

HTH

Rich Gorvin

[This message has been edited by Rich@ITTC (edited 06-21-2001).]

KDg

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

first the bad news -
you won't be able to get the data to show on a dataasheet form - the closest you will get is to build on continuous form and size the fields so that it almost mimicks the look of a datasheet. Your button will then show.

For the subform you shouldn't need a wizard i don't think. If you open your main form in design view you should be able to click and drag your subform from the database window onto the main form.

I know the above works in 97 and imagine it will still be supported in 2k, but don't know for sure,

HTH

Drew

Oops, typed too slowly and crossposted...

[This message has been edited by KDg (edited 06-21-2001).]

mtc67

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks all!

I guess i will have to really insist my supervisor fix this machine so I can put the subform on especially seeing he wants the information entered this way.

At least now I know i was not going crazy by not seeing what i knew was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom