Command Button: red explanation point (1 Viewer)

jessabridge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:52
I have a simple query that can edit the main table. I built a form around that simple query. When you open the form: it asks for a name & then a date to be edited. All works. I have a save command button and a close command button. All is good.

I would like a “red explanation point” command button instead of it just being on the toolbar. When I click on the “red explanation point” on the toolbar, it asks for a name and date again. Whereas, none of the commands I used in the wizard worked like that.

Any ideas? & Thanks in advance!
Jessa

tfurnivall

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:52
Would you please share some code, so we can get a better idea of what you're trying to do?

If you already have a command button on the form, you can add an image of a red exclamation point by setting the value of the button's Picture property to the name of a file that contains the image you want.

Be careful - if you miss the click-select of the button, you'll plaster the image all over the form!

HTH,

Tony

PS Please don't forget to post some code to help us out!

jessabridge

Registered User.
Local time
This is my query the form is built from:

SELECT [Bus Off Timesheets].NamesTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].TimesheetDateTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].TimeInTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].TimeOutTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].HolidayTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].SickDayTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].PersonalDayTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].VacationDayTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].R0R1DayTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].LunchTable, [Bus Off Timesheets].Comments
FROM [Bus Off Timesheets]
WHERE ((([Bus Off Timesheets].NamesTable)=[Enter Full Name]) AND (([Bus Off Timesheets].TimesheetDateTable)=[Enter Date for Editing]));

I don't want a pic of the “red explanation point”, I want the action of the “red explanation point”. When you open the form: it asks for a name & then a date to be edited. After that date is edited, say I want to edit another date. How do I get the form to switch or ask me to enter another date to be edited?

Thanks,
Jessa

jessabridge

Registered User.
Local time
I actually just built my first macro to reopen the form and edit another day. :) I used openform and set it to edit with the filter on the query. The command openform button did not work. I do not know why it was not working, but I figured something out. Thanks for your help!

jessa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom