Common Dialog (1 Viewer)

jriano

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:33
can i add common control dialog to a form?

I want the user of a form in access to be able to select where to save a report as a .rtf file. and I want him/her to be able to select where to save it using a common dialog (save as) box, is there such thing in VBA?
the control is not in the toolbox's list, i found it in the activex list, i added it, so now it shows in the toolbox list (microsoft common dialog v6) but when i added to the form, is says i have to get a licence to use it (of course i dont want to pay for that!)
how can i doit? is it not possible?

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 04:33
It's easier to search for yourself prior to asking as it saves the same questions being asked over and over again. A quick search and you'd probably have found this.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:33
The common dialog is available to Access via an API call. However, it's different for A97 and for later varsions.

Search this site for "common dialog" and you'll probably find the code your need.

Note that VBA code will let you customize screen attributes.

jriano

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:33
thanks. I did look, you are better a searcher than me, that is for shure

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 04:33
jriano said:
thanks. I did look, you are better a searcher than me, that is for shure

I'm trying to change the less obvious thread titles to something more relevant to aid searches by putting keywords in and removing most punctuation marks from them too. Especially those with the words Help, Urgent, and Please.

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
I got 9 pages of hits search with "common dialiog" (include the quotation marks).

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
from Mile-O
----------------
I'm trying to change the less obvious thread titles to something more relevant to aid searches by putting keywords in and removing most punctuation marks from them too. Especially those with the words Help, Urgent, and Please
-----------------

i'm glad you can donate the time to do that!
i think that will be a BIG improvement to the forum.

happy holidays all

al

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom