Community centre attendance database (1 Viewer)

jaluna25

Local time
Today, 14:56
Hi,

I'm new to access ,and I need to get an attendance database up and running for a single class attending a community centre.

It is for one class with sixteen students.
The students are attending a course every day for nine months. Don't need a table for classes as they are just doing one subject.

I can't figure out the best way to do this database? What I really need from a query is to be able to see what their attendance is like up to the present date, as we have meetings with students and discuss their attendance history with them.

Any tips on the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Alansidman

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:56
Look at the attached. 1 table, 1 form for input, and 3 queries to get the results you are looking for. You would only have to run the third query as it is reliant on the joining of the first two.

Alan

Attachments

• Attendance1.mdb
    256 KB · Views: 279

moto485

Registered User.
Local time
Here is another one I am just learning and probably coded this the long way but was some practice i guess. Just change the names in the "students" table and the labels (student names) on the Attendance Form. Use the two queries for absent/attended total wasn't sure how to do the SQL query to include both..

Attachments

• Attendance Form.accdb
    556 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

jaluna25

Local time
Thanks very much guys. I'll use bits from both. See the second one, - how do I get to save the form as each date? Should there be a calender linked somewhere?

Thanks so much for your help. It's a great help to me.

moto485

Registered User.
Local time
if you click on the attendanceRecord table the dates are saved there so you can filter the dates there as you need as there is no calender. If I don't quite understand let me know

jaluna25

Local time
Hi yeah I don't quite understand,

When I go into the form and click the absent and the unabsent boxes and save where does the information go then? To today's date in the attendance table? If you could break it down please, bit of a newbie!

moto485

Registered User.
Local time
Hey that's fine. Make sure the date on your computer is correct as it is what Access will refer to.
• All the students are in the student table so just change their names. You will see little plus signs next to each name once a record has been created by clicking save in the Attendance Form.
• When you click Save on the Attendance Form it saves those 16 students to the attendanceRecord table (if you did not tick a checkbox it will be saved blank just so u know as I didn't put any saftey on that) so you will have 16 new records every day, one for each student.
• The "studentID" in the attendanceRecord table is linked to the "students" table that is why you get those little plus signs. (called a one to many relationship)
• The student table is just for the first and last name and as you will see will have all the attended or absent records right there by clicking/toggling the plus sign (if there are records)

Just play around with it you can delete all the records in the attendanceRecord table just don't delete anything in the student table (besides altering the names)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom