Solved Compare data from two documents (1 Viewer)

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:27
Ok
what I post is real example.

Like I say. I am analyst. I receive some document with names and lot numbers. I write that in my tables. manually one by one and then visually check if that is correct. I know now that my table 1 is correct 100%. Then I make 5 different analysis and I have to enter results for that lot numbers. Every analysis will give me different result.

When I make all the analysis I have to prepare report. I put in my report the name of the test and lot numbers and in columns the resutls. Normally i have to separate the results in differnt tables becouse are diffrent., I cant put 5 different paramterers in one table. Becouse of that I have to check 5 times the same names and lot numbers from the the first table which I know is correct.

Imagine you are a patient. You go to the doctor. The doctor say you have to make some anaylsis of blood. You go to the laboratory. The nurse ask you for your documents so she can enter your name and date of bitth into the computer and then print out that on the labels that she will put on your epruvete with your blood. Then your epruvetes with your blood will go the laboratory who will analyse your blood. There will be again some medical tehnican who will write your names and your date of bith print again the labels and put it on another smaller epruvetes and enter your personal data into the computer and run the analysis. Then when they will have results they will make some report with your results. They again will write your name and date of birth..they will compare if your data is correct from your doctor...that if the data is correct from the nurse who took you the blood and then they will compare with the name and the birth that they write in the blood report for you that they will send to your home adress.
what i want to say with that is ...that from the begging the doctor...the nurse and medical tehnican they all have to compare the data visually...becouse they saw that data from your identification card your from personal documents. For that we cant find solution.
But I hope we can find soltion to check if the personal data ( name and date of burth) from the doctor the nurse and medical tehnican is correct if we can compare that, to see if someone make some mistake. Maybe the doctor say your name is Pete Apple born on 10.12.1999 and the nurse has writen Peter Apple on 10.12.1999 and we know that data that is correct is from the doctor. ...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
This still sounds like a giant normalization issue. There should be one and ONLY one patient table and everything else should be in result tables linked to the appropriate patient record. I think that is why many questions are forthcoming here. We don't see where there is anything that SHOULD be compared. Referenced? Yes. Compared? Probably not.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
hi
yes i know what you mean
I think i know how to make that different
thanks to all

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:27
Like I say. I am analyst. I receive some document with names and lot numbers. I write that in my tables. manually one by one and then visually check if that is correct. I know now that my table 1 is correct 100%. Then I make 5 different analysis and I have to enter results for that lot numbers. Every analysis will give me different result
We can help but you need to be very specific in how the data comes to you and in what format, how you input into Access, and what you do with it.

We can show you how to compare two tables and find differences, but it very unclear if that is more a symptom then the real cause of the problem. We would rather help you from allowing this problem then address the symptoms. We have no idea of:
1. Are you data tables normalized?
2. Are you importing correctly?
3. Do you even need to import?
4. Do you really need multiple tables?
5. Can you validate prior to import?
etc.

My point is that finding differences may not be the problem. The problem is that your process is creating difference or more likely you do not even need structured so that it is impossible to have multiple tables with differences.

Unlike a spreadsheet the output of a database does not have to be structured like the input. You may need a report with 5 seperate tables of measures, but that data could reside in a single table but you can use a query to put the data in the correct form.

If you have an import process where people send you results at different times you may not be able to control what comes to you and in what format. There are probably much better ways to import the data into the correct structure and without errors than doing a cut and paste.
Again you will have to provide those details and real examples. Screen shots are helpful, but excel files of real data examples would be much more useable.

lacampeona

Registered User.
Local time
Hi MajP
thank you for your interest and cooperation. I find some solution with your post #12 and post #19. Now I will test that and see how will that work in practical life.
If I will still have questions I will came again for help.
Thank you
Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom