Condition not Running (1 Viewer)

sdebo2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:21
I have a form based on a Query that shows the total number of records in the Query. This form refreshes at a set interval using a Macro and the timer Event. After the form refreshes I would like to check the number of records and send an email if the number is Greater than 5. So under the same macro that refreshes the form I have a SendObject with the Condition [Forms]![FormControl]![Count]>5. I do not get an error, but the sendObject never runs. If I take the condition out the send object works. Please help me find out how to fix the Condition.

ps I have verified that the condition is true.

shuff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:21
I assume you have observed that the form does indeed update successfully, that is, you see the value change youself. If not, I would try this. Second, I would try a diagnostic test where I predicate the condition on whether the count EQUALS some value, testing for both true and false conditions. It has been my experience that sometimes <> tests fail where = tests succeed. If your condition works with an "equal to" test, then change the process to where if the count >5, "x" in a checkbox added to the form. Then, let the SendObject test reference that checkbox for a yes or no decision, i.e., if [checkbox]=-1, then SendObject ...etc. Sorry, I don't have time to test this out first, but maybe this will work. Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom