Conditional format and alternate row colour (1 Viewer)

PaquettePaul

Local time
Today, 06:00
I have an invoice report where I show all the merchandise/service charges, total it up, add tax, show the invoice charge and then show the client’s current account balance. This works just fine for the numbers and data retrieval except for two features that I thought were standard:

1) Condition field formatting. I set the background rules to white = 0, red < 0, and green > 0 based on the value in the current account balance.. I get green on 0 and less than zero. No idea why. I had to remove the formatting. Anybody have an idea why this would fail. Note that the current account balance is derived by an SQL read during the format section of the report. Any ideas why the formatting is not consistent, some times it works nd some times it does not.

2) Alternate row colour. I was using white and grey for alternate background colours for the merchandise/service record list. All of the data comes from the same table query. The problem is that the first row has white background, second row is grey, and the other rows are white background. Not sure why this is happening.

I removed these two features from the invoice report because of the inconsistency and I really cannot have a negative balance with a green background.

There is no code as such as the features are set be rules and property sheet.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:00
is this what you have right now (same with the report in the sample):

Attachments

• ConditionalFormatOnReport.accdb
    424 KB · Views: 185

PaquettePaul

Local time
Yes, I used conditional rules for the total field just like you had in your sample db. I tried just the <0 and >0 rules and all the invoices come out with a green background for the field whether less than, greater than, or equal to zero. The red background rule is followed by the green in the rule set.

Your example db report came out as expected with red, green, and white backgrounds.

Also when applying the rules, the sneaky bugger changes my field weight from semi-bold to normal. Sigh.

PaquettePaul

Local time
Tried it with just a red background for less than zero, and the field label and field value in all cases is a medium grey.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:00
have you tried Re-creating the Report again?

PaquettePaul

Local time
Yup, that is my next step. Copy everything over to a new report base and see what happens. I have other reports where the alternating colours and conditional formatting work fine.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
do you have a format property on the control in question in addition to the conditional formatting? One might be overwriting the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom