Connection String for linked tables (1 Viewer)

gmatriix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
Hello All,

I have multiple table linked via ODBC connection. This includes a connected oracle db.

I have a code that is running some queries and then send it to excel.

However during the code it is asking for user name and password. I input the details and it continues.

I am trying to have the information already in a connection string so that it does not prompt for this information. With the Oracle db...it prompts 3 times during the run.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thanks,

gmatriix

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
Thanks for that....I did look that over...def a keeper...just finding out out which one has been difficult...

Does anyone have an example of a working connection string? I am using these drivers:

DataDirect Shadow Client 7.3
DataDirect 5.3 Oracle Wire Protocol

Just not sure on format and setup.....I tried a few from the site above and I just get "red" all day long.

Any Ideas?

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:33
Can you open the Oracle tables directly by double-clicking on them? If they prompt for password you might want to remove the links and relink them making sure you check the Save Password in the ODBC wizard for each one of them.

You can get the connect string (which will include the user and password) form the Connect field in the msysObjects table.

Cheers,
Vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom