Continuing Adventures of Pepper (1 Viewer)

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:21
Pepper is my Blue Front Amazon.
I went to clean up his business (Pepper's) and he say's , I already cleaned it.

Even for me, I was taken back. Amazingly smart.:)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 00:21

Even for me, I was taken back. Amazingly smart.:)

I don't understand a word of this.

Must be an American thing where they think the whole world is familiar with American ways. In actual fact not many are or care.

Col

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
If you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut!
I don't appreciate it .

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hmmm, interesting response to a written comment. Had it been a verbal comment I could understand it.

Try posting something understandable, it may help. Perhaps English is not your first language, feel free to ask if you need help on that score.

Col

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Again another rude comment. Pepper is my Blue Front Amazon (that means he is a bird) UK translation for you. I explained in ENGLISH that he made a poo poo and that when I tried to clean it up what he said to me. Plain enough for you, or look up your UK translation.

Maybe English is not your first language!
Please no longer respond to ANY of my posts!

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Burrina, can you please offer some explanation to your original post so we can understand what Blue Front Amazon is, and why you were surprised about it?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Please no longer respond to ANY of my posts!

I'm not 100% but I'm led to believe you can block posts from other members should you not wish to view them, but others can see the posts normally.

I post on the content, I don't give a toss who posted, I seldom look at names. Obviously, if a post is understandable in the first place it would help. Assuming everyone knows what one is talking about is a rather selfish trait, and repeating a members comment back to them does show lack of initiative.

Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:21
Google is a foreign concept to lazy fucks who infest this thread.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 19:21
I was confused by the first post as well. I thought Pepper was a business owner or something. I had no idea what a Blue Front Amazon was.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Google is a foreign concept to lazy fucks who infest this thread.

There are only four people who have posted on this thread excluding yourself. I wonder who you are referring to - obviously more than one as you use the plural.

Incidentally, is there any need to use such foul language?

Col

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
In the world we have the power to create. It always saddens me to witness people who try to create suffering.

What I strive for is this: If I can't do a kindness, then I should do nothing. If this is not your value, then I challenge you to re-assess what matters to you between people.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
I recall reading this post before anyone commented.
Didn't understand it either but didn't think much about it and simply moved on

I suppose I could have attempted to research it if really needed to but as I said I simply moved on.

I also could have responded to the thread and asked for an explanation which is probably the best method as this is what forums are designed for but I just moved on.

So rather than upsetting anyone and making something out of nothing I.....yes you guessed it I simply moved on.....

Have a nice day everyone and don't forget to smile at someone today as it may make their day.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Yes I agree - I didn't understand the original post. But at the same time Burrina was simply trying to share a light hearted incident.

It shouldn't have descended into ill feeling.

Life's too short to make issues of light heartedness.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Even for me, I was taken back. Amazingly smart

Means -

Pepper is my Blue Front Amazon (that means he is a bird) UK translation for you. I explained in ENGLISH that he made a poo poo and that when I tried to clean it up what he said to me.

Now why on earth didn't I understand that from the first post, I must be a dullard or something... :rolleyes:

Twincam

Registered User.
Local time
It was a great post, slightly out of context, slightly puzzling. A pity about the trolling though.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This thread opened up a can of worms, or so it seems, and I have to admit that I've seen this kind of post before on other social media. A friend of mine goes on and on about Okra in a context that confuses folks - until they find that Okra is his 1 1/2 year old English Mastiff. For those who don't realize it, okra (the vegetable) has special meaning in south Louisiana due to its contributions to cooking in gumbo and other types of stews. So it is not as rare a name for a pet as one might think.

But the point I want to make is that if someone wants to prattle on about their pet using verbal shorthand and then expect us to swoon with amazement, there is a problem beforehand. To then comment that you don't understand the shorthand isn't actually an impolite post. To be honest, if I hadn't been a bit busy for the last couple of days writing up a special report for my "day job" I might well have inquired about that myself. So I can't fault Colin for asking for clarification.

Anyone who has been here long enough knows that Colin can be UK-centric, but that is OK. (After all, I'm a bit USA-centric sometimes.) Colin can be abrupt, but then the comments by AccessBlaster were a lot worse. In this thread and in burrina's other thread about leaving the forum, Colin is being blasted unfairly. When he deserves it, fine. Blast away. But this time, burrina is the one who made a mountain out of a molehill. AccessBlaster didn't help.

Twincam

Registered User.
Local time
To then comment that you don't understand the shorthand isn't actually an impolite post.

Fair point, but you can comment without being deliberately abrasive. That's what trolls do, they abide with any clear rules to avoid being deleted, but within that scope they are as divisive and offensive as they can be. Their other main tactic is to be prolific, chipping away at people on as many posts as they can. Colin is very much like a troll who pestered me on another site. Definitely not the same person, but similar tactics.

Anyway, I've created an ignore list and away we go... On the other site a small number of people kept quoting the troll at me, so I had to ignore them too! It takes a while, but it's effective in the end.

Not that he was having a go at me personally of course, but the posts remind me of the other bloke which is more than a bit annoying.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Fair point, but you can comment without being deliberately abrasive. That's what trolls do, they abide with any clear rules to avoid being deleted, but within that scope they are as divisive and offensive as they can be. Their other main tactic is to be prolific, chipping away at people on as many posts as they can. Colin is very much like a troll who pestered me on another site. Definitely not the same person, but similar tactics.

Anyway, I've created an ignore list and away we go... On the other site a small number of people kept quoting the troll at me, so I had to ignore them too! It takes a while, but it's effective in the end.

Not that he was having a go at me personally of course, but the posts remind of the other bloke which is more than a bit annoying.

Unfortunately it's not enough to not feed the trolls. If you simply create a thread the troll will come to you. Your simple point will be lost your thread destroyed and you will be mocked.

Last edited:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 19:21
Gotta agree with AB on this one. Colin is, has been, and always shall be a troll. While he is very careful (since nearly being banned for his behavior on a death thread) to toe the enforced line, the fact is that his posts are virtually all meant to offend people and to piss people off. That is ALL that he does on this forum. He contributes nothing meaningful, neither to discussions here in the Watercooler nor to the Access help to which the site is dedicated. He does nothing other than troll and act hurt every time he's called on it - even his complaining about how much he hates himself, his life, and his wife is meant to piss people off.

In virtually every other discussion board I know, he'd have been long-since banned. The only one I can think of offhand that would tolerate his behavior the way this forum does is 4-chan. Even SomethingAwful would have long-since booted him.

So if you feel he's being singled out unfairly, please try to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
...While he is very careful (since nearly being banned for his behavior on a death thread)

He was banned 5-6 years ago. Somebody felt the need to lift the ban. Had the ban been enforced this thread would be a non issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom