Continuos Subform Problem (1 Viewer)

davidnash

RAF DBA Man
Local time
Today, 18:29
I am working on modifying a database that has a register that shows all the relevent information from the main table.

There are date text boxes as follows, for each record:

Short Term Date, Changed Short Term date
Long Term Date, Changed Long Term Date
Evidence Target Date, Changed Evidence Target Date

I have attached a pic of the register form. It's a bit messy, because I wanted to get all the relevent data on the register before I started playing with it.

What I am trying to do is display only the latest date as detailed below:

If [CxdShortTgtDate] > [ShortTgtDate] Then
txtShortAction.Visible = False
txtCxdShortAction.Visible = True
End If

Doing this hides every Short Term Action Date for every record and not for each single row. The idea is to eventually layer each date on top of each other and display only the latest date.

I am still a novice with VBA, though I have learnt quite a lot off my own back and I am pleased with the results. I would be very pleased if one of you gurus out there can put me in the right direction.

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• WithFormatting.doc
    87 KB · Views: 121
  • WithoutFormatting.doc
    87.5 KB · Views: 108

Jura

Local time
Today, 19:29
That is the way continuous forms work. In continuous forms the controls (fields) on each row are multiple instances of the same control. Changing the visability (or any other setting) of a contol will change this setting for each instance of this control.

Basicly you can not do this the way you want to do this.

The only way i can think of is when the date gets entered into your table it checks if there is a later date available in the other date coloms, IF NOT then fill it also into an extra field called eg. latest_date You can show this extra colom in your form.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom