Continuous Form Question - Can I display the newest data at the top instead of the bottom? (1 Viewer)

Umpire

Local time
Today, 12:58
I have a continuous Form for logging paperwork received. Very Basic. Just the reference number of the paperwork and how many items were received, along with date etc.
Would it be possible to invert the Continuous Form?
Currently it lists the first item entered at the top with the second item on the second line etc. on down to the most recent item entered ending up on the last line. All default behavior.

Is there a way to invert that behavior? So that the oldest entry is at the bottom of the form and the newest entry is at the top?

I am using a continual form because It makes it easy to refer back to the last 10 or so entries just by looking at the screen, and all the data fits on one line of the form.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 15:58
You can sort it in reverse order, but you are still stuck with data entry at the bottom. Normally this is then fixed by putting a row in the header also. Or using a subform single form view and subform continuous view. You can view in continuous order and do new entries at the top of the form.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 15:58
This idea is basically the same as an split form. You may just want to add a button for "Add New" to move directly to a new record

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom