Continuous Form - Update Field (1 Viewer)

andrewaldrich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:44
Good Morning

I have a continuous sub form linked to a master form. The sub form contains fields such as [date], [increase], [lastdateincrease], [task], and multiple other fields. The sub form can have one record or multiple records linked to the master form.

Each sub form record represents a service, monthly cost, and a price increase amount. I'd like to be able to enter data in two fields and have this data populate any remaining records, or for that matter, new records that I had to the sub form.

The fields that I would like to have populate are [date] and [increase].

When I enter the [date] and [increase] in the first record, I'd like all remaining records in the sub form to update with the [date] and [increase] amount automatically.

Can this be done?

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 15:44
This is a pretty easy task for an Update Query. It depends somewhat on what criteria you are using to show things in the subreport... just replicate that into a query and test, test, test (since update queries can blow up your data in a hurry).

andrewaldrich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:44
Thanks Dave - no sub report. This is a sub form with linked master and child. I am updating on the fly and rather than having to enter the price % increase and date of increase for each record in the subform, I'd like to enter into the first record and update the remaining records in the subform.

Can I do this with an update query attached to a macro button?

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 15:44
Yeah, subreports and subforms are practically the same thing as far as Access is concerned. And all I meant is you have to make sure your update query is using the same criteria as your form, since otherwise you can screw up your data in a HURRY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom