Continuous Form - Visible Property Label (1 Viewer)

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:41
I have a form that prompts the user for a production date that will display the reworks on a part-by-part basis. If the rework % is greater than 1% than a label is displayed (Called Troubleshoot) and a Command Button (Called: TroubleshootForm) is also displayed which when clicked takes you into this form for additional input. No problem if the coding is attached to the On Current property of the form for a single form. But when I want to make the form continuous showing all records for that day and have this label and command button work with its related record then all records are being changed to refect the focus of any one record. What I would like is a continous form with no record selectors or indicators that would treat each line separate. If the reworks are over 1% for that record then the label and command button would be made visible. If the reworks are under 1% then the label and command button would stay hidden.
Thank you.

Deb in LA

Registered User.
Local time
I had a similar problem with visible=false fields on continuous forms. It cannot be done on CONTINUOUS forms. Every forum I posted this problem on responded with the fact that it just cannot be done correctly in ACCESS or ACCESS vba.

diversoln

Registered User.
Local time
I set my form up on a temporary table that contained a field for the message I wanted to display (or not display). When conditions were such that I wanted the message to be invisible, I set a string equal to a space " " and then did an update query for the table so that field was blank for that record. For other records with different conditions, I could use my update query to show visible text in that field. It is a cumbersome work around but yielded the effect I wanted.

R

Rich

You have to cheat a little again Carol.
Change the label to a text box, set the format property to "Test",[White];"Test",[Red]set the control source to =Switch([txtPcnt]<1,1[txtPcnt]>1,-1) you'll have to play around with the colours so that the fore colour matches the backround when you don't want it to display. Unfortunately grey is not one of the options. You can set up to four different colours/conditions using this method. You can of course use the same method to give the impression of displaying a command button just use the click event of the text box.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom