Convert Form to PDF and Email (1 Viewer)

tDH

Local time
Tomorrow, 06:42
Hi,

Background
I'm not from a Access Development background but I do have experience in SQL and VB, so looking to see if I could get a little assistance on the direction/limitations on the project I will be working on.

Issue
The previous developer has created a payslip to be printed out from a form (Print format set on form). Now I'm required to get this payslip sent as an email preferably with a PDF attachment.

At the moment I can get the e-mail to send to the correct employee but it is blank.

Question
Can a form be converted to a PDF? and how can it be done?

In the same project PDFs are created from reports and mailed but this is done through a module and I'm not sure if the same will work on a form. This uses PDF creator and outlook.

Any guidance and direction would be a great help. Thanks

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to the forum.

Forms really aren't designed to be printed. For printing or emailing, you should create a Report, which can be sent as a PDF.

tDH

Local time
Hi John,

Yeah I've been looking into the issue since posting and have now created a report to hold the same information. Just have to write the VBA to get it into an attached PDF.

Thanks for your reply.

David

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:42
I did this exact thing for a form and it worked like a charm. Here is the code I used:
Code:
Private Sub CmdEmailPDF_Click()
On Error GoTo CmdEmailPDF_Click_Err
Dim Subject As String
Dim MyFileName As String

Subject = Me.txtInvoiceNumber & "-" & "Invoice" & ".pdf"
MyFileName = Me.txtInvoiceNumber & "_" & "Invoice" & ".pdf"

' Open Invoice form in preview mode
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmrptCurrentRecordInvoice", acNormal, , "[InvoiceID]= forms!frmInvoicing![InvoiceID]"
' Send a PDF of the form to an email

DoCmd.SendObject acForm, "frmrptCurrentRecordInvoice", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "", [EMAIL="Someone@email.com"]Someone@email.com[/EMAIL], "", Subject, "Hello, attached you will find a PDF of your current invoice.", True, ""
' Close the form

DoCmd.Close acForm, "frmrptCurrentRecordInvoice", acSaveNo

CmdEmailPDF_Click_Exit:
Exit Sub
CmdEmailPDF_Click_Err:
MsgBox Error$
Resume CmdEmailPDF_Click_Exit

End Sub

tDH

Local time
Scetchin thank you so much for this. Was planning to do the report to PDF work next week and you have been a great help. Just have to tinker with it to suit but apart from that working well.

Thanks again :)

Sketchin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:42
No worries...I remember it taking me a looooooong time to figure this one out! Happy to help!

CCCMikey

Local time
Six years since you posted that and I'm finally converting my accounting system away from the old fax / email printer system I was using. Your suggestion worked well in Access 2010 with a couple of minor changes.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, "MCC Jobs Calc", acFormatPDF, "recipient@emailaddress.com", "", "", "", "", True, ""

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom