Copy Paste error of DB (1 Viewer)

syedadnan

Access Lover
Local time
Today, 07:42
I have a DB created in MSAccess 2010 i have a problem that i have created it in my laptop and when i am copying it on my desktop with same access 2010 and same windows 64bit but it is causing different errors like out of memory and some others. Then if i open visual basic reference and i am not changing any reference just open and close of reference then the DB starts work normal. Then if i same copy paste then the errors comes again and same gone after doing reference look. Any idea whats wrong...

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 23:42
if you use a form with lots of connected subforms, then you can get 'out of memory' errors.
Its best to have only 1 subform connected to data. As you change subforms (tabs, or combos) swap out the back query on the 1 subform.

if you get errors on this different PC, it could be a missing reference. In VBE (ctl-G) in the menu, tools, references,
see if any items checked have a MISSING listed.
uncheck this missing item ,and find the newer version this PC uses.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
The references are kept in the registry. Moving the DB itself carries a lot of things, but doesn't move the registry. That is why an action is needed to update the registry on the new machine.

The actual file names are in the app - but the file "pointers" in the registry are the things that actually need updating.

syedadnan

Access Lover
Local time
Today, 07:42
The references are kept in the registry. Moving the DB itself carries a lot of things, but doesn't move the registry. That is why an action is needed to update the registry on the new machine.

The actual file names are in the app - but the file "pointers" in the registry are the things that actually need updating.

Could you please guide how to do this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom