counting date fields on forms (1 Viewer)

Missyd

Local time
Today, 00:48
I need to generate a report based on 5 different forms all containing 6 different date fields. All I need to know is how many have had dates inputted for each and a grand total. I know I need to use a counter but, I don't know the details on where to put this at. Please help.

andyh

Registered User.
Local time
Try using another field on the forms.

Use code for the on exit or on change for the date field to say me.[counterfield] ="1"

Then you can sum all the counter fields. make sure you call the counter fields a different name (counter1, counter2 e.t.c) to avoid confussion.

Missyd

Local time
Thanks alot. I will try this out and let you know what happens.

Missyd

Local time
This works but, when I close the form and open it back up it clears this number. Also, if I go in and delete dates it counts them as well. I put the me.counter in the on change event. Is there any way that I can do this and have it save the number. What about using the IsDate function? Any help is appreciated.

Missyd

Local time
Well, I take that back. Sorry. It only counts when all six date fields are either deleted or there is a date put in. If it is less, it does not count. I have a counter for each field and then an additional field adding the total. Any ideas?

TexasTJ

Registered User.
Local time
Five different forms??? Are these forms based on five separate tables?

Look into building a union query - possibly based on a query for each table where the information is grouped by date with a count.

Give more info on how things are structured (separate tables? Do you want to compare Date 1 from each table against each other or pool all six dates from each of the five forms?).

Good luck.

Missyd

Local time
Hi. Yes this is 5 forms based on 5 different tables. I don't need to know anything except for how many dates are put in for each category and a total of all. I don't need to know what the dates are or who the person is, just need a count. ex: Job Search Form - 6 date fields available for each Contact in the Contact table. Job Search Table holds the dates. I need a report on how many times all contacts were helped with a job search. Does this help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom