Counting unique Records and showing total in Header (not Footer) [Access 2007] (1 Viewer)

sychoangel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:52
Hello,

Firstly i'd like to say : Thank God this site exists - reading through posts has helped me soooo many times

I need some help with Counting unique Records and showing total in Header (not Footer) [Access 2007]

My report is grouped by TicketNo and each ticket can have multiple LineItems... using the posts in this forum, i have been able to count the number of unique TicketNo's and show the total in the report footer...

Is there any way to show this in the header instead? I have found this post but it seems to only apply to Access2000 & not 2007 :(
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=44326&highlight=sum+unique+records+header

In the header I can easily count the number of LineItems by simply using a =count(*) but no matter what i do, i cant get the total number of unique TicketNo to show... it always comes back with a 1

Any guidance would be greatly apreciated!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 13:52
Hello,

Firstly i'd like to say : Thank God this site exists - reading through posts has helped me soooo many times

I need some help with Counting unique Records and showing total in Header (not Footer) [Access 2007]

My report is grouped by TicketNo and each ticket can have multiple LineItems... using the posts in this forum, i have been able to count the number of unique TicketNo's and show the total in the report footer...

Is there any way to show this in the header instead? I have found this post but it seems to only apply to Access2000 & not 2007 :(
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=44326&highlight=sum+unique+records+header

In the header I can easily count the number of LineItems by simply using a =count(*) but no matter what i do, i cant get the total number of unique TicketNo to show... it always comes back with a 1

Any guidance would be greatly apreciated!

I use this trick:
Sub Report Tips and Tricks

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:52
Firstly i'd like to say : Thank God this site exists - reading through posts has helped me soooo many times!

AFAIK God plays no part in constructing, hosting or contributing to this site. Being omniscient He could be really useful but alas no posts. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom