Create a Package using Developer VB Add-In (1 Viewer)

tacieslik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
How do you package an MDE database?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:41
What do you mean "package"? You can create an .mde by using the menu option under Tools/Database Utilities/Make mde file. The option is grayed out unless the db is compiled without errors. Don't forget that there is no way to un-convert an .mde so make sure to keep your .mdb in a safe place. You'll need it if you need to make application changes in the future. After you make changes to the .mdb, you just create a new .mde.

tacieslik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
I'll explain myself a little better.

I understand how to create an MDE because that's what I always use for the end application. What I'm trying to do however is use the 'Pacakge & Deploy' Add-In that comes with the developer edition of office 2000.
To create a package, you have to open the *.md'b' file and then enter the VB environment to get to the 'Package & Deploy' wizard. The problem is that I don't want to deploy the MDB file, only the MDE and related back-end mdb's.
Since first buying the developer edition, I've not used the PAD wizard much as it's very limited. Something like INNO is OK, but I need the program to detect what registry entries and/or what references must be packaged too.

I need to run my application on various operating systems including XP. I develop on W2K and use O2K Developer. The problems I'm coming up against is that my end application works well on some w2K systems and not on XP? Do you think this could be down to things like registry entries and references?

I'd be grateful for some more help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom