Create new CR in VB.NET 03 workgroup problem? (1 Viewer)

Xcoder

Local time
Today, 14:01
Hello all, this is my first post, I have been looking around the net to find a solution to my problem, but so far I haven't found anything, my name is Antonio from Mexico, greetings all, now to the issue if you may:

A little background:

I use AC00 and the CR bundled with VB.NET 03, I imported some reports created with CR 4.6 originally made to be used with a VB6 app, so far so good, eveything was working fine until I tested one of the reports.

The problem was that it was printing twice the same record, after a while I decided that I ought to re-create the same report entirely in CR for .NET, so I opened the create report wizard.

One of the DBs had a password, but NO workgroup password at all (after checking Tools -> Security -> Workgroup administrator I found out that I was using the system.mdw).

You might imagine what the problem is by now, after I choose the Jet 4.0 Ole DB engine and after being prompted with the location and password of the database, it shows a:

"Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user."

I use a local AC database, none else is using it, no linked tables to anywhere, no aditional security other than a simple password, if I remove the pwd works fine but this is not an option.

Hope anyone can help, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom