Creating a chart in Access form (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:10
Hello again guys,

This is kind of a continuation of another thread but wanted to start fresh.

I have created a form with a chart that shows the Planned and Actual values of Actions throughout the 12-week plan. I linked a combo box to the chart to see the different actions. This alone took forever and thanks to all the help from the pros on this site. I now realize why Micron would rather rub sand in his eyes than work with these charts.

I think I got the form portion pretty good and will be doing a report version next.

One thing I would like to change on the chart is the title. When the action changes it would be nice to have the action as the title instead or including "Achievement Progress".

Also, would the modern chart option be easier? Does anyone have any experience with them?

I can't get this smaller version of my database small enough to post, so here is a google drive link. Sorry

Thanks for any help you can provide.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:10
I haven't looked at your example.
Personally I don't find modern charts easier but that's because I'm used to the traditional charts with all their foibles and idiosyncracies.

I think you would find it easier to remove the chart title. Instead add a label on the report itself to act as the report title. Use a variable (or OpenArgs) based on the form 'action' and concatenate that with suitable text as the label caption e.g. "Achievement Progress for " & strValue

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Hello again,

Well, I was able to get pretty far. The form looks good (The one in the cutdown version doesn't look as good as the one I'm using) and I have the report version done as well. My problem is that I'm am not sure the best way to get only certain actions to print. I am using the "ActionsQuery" to reference which actions are to be used. I somehow need to pull up the query, select which ones I want to print and then use that new version of the query.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could pull this off?

Here is a google drive link that will show the cut-down version of my database.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I was thinking about trying to add a checkbox field to the ActionsQuery. That way I can use a form to check which actions I want and then use the criteria to sort which records I want to print. I just don't know how to add a column to a query.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:10
In query design, just type a new field in the First empty column or click insert column to place between existing fields.
However, for your purposes, I would suggest adding a Boolean field called Tag (or similar) with default value = false to your table.
Then add that field to a select query and tag the records you want to update.
Now create your action query filtering for Tag= true.

Afterwards, remember to reset all Tag values to false using an update query

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
The ActionsQuery is actually the result of two other queries. Instead of adding a field to the two tables that were used to create those queries, I need to add a boolean field to the ActionsQuery. Not sure how to define it in the query. Can you help with that?

I was also thinking that the query would need to be reset after the printing is done, thanks for that confirmation.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I just tried adding the field to the two tables but seeing that it has run through two other queries the field is not updateable. If I can add a boolean field to just the ActionQuery, I think i can get this to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom