Creating entry form for orders (1 Viewer)

Patsyoyo

Local time
Today, 16:29
I'm trying to create an order form from a static list of supplies. It's meant for us to easily be able to fill out order forms to send to our supplier, not someone coming to make an order with us.

Therefore, I only need to list the objects we generally order, which base list should not change at all.

My question is, how do I fix it so that each order is a separately saved document that can be opened if we decide to add or delete items. Generally, it would all go into one table, correct?

I am also having trouble envisioning how to set the whole order form up. Since I might need to pick, say, several sizes of tables and several varieties of glasses, but maybe this time no silverware, how would I do this?

Sorry if I sound totally lost, I guess I am.
Thanks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:29
Your database will require a minimum of 4 tables. More if you need more sophistication.

tbl1 - Supplier - contains information about the supplier such as name and address. Primary key is SupplierID

tbl2 - SupplierProducts - contains the list of products obtained from each supplier. Primary key is SupplierID and ProductID

tbl3 - Order - contains order header information such as the supplier who the order will be sent to. Primary key is OrderID (usually an autonum). This table will contain SupplierID which will be a foreign key to tbl1

tbl4 - OrderDetails - contins the list of items to be ordered. Includes information such as ProductID and Quantity. Primary key is OrderID and SeqNum (an autonum will be fine here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom