Creating Groups out of a Specified Date Range (1 Viewer)

themurph2000

Fat, drunk, and stupid
Local time
Today, 00:09
This might be more suited for the Queries section, so please tell me to move it there if you agree.

I have a table that has columns for the starting date and ending date of an order, along with the number of personnel to be used and the quantity generated in an 8-hour shift. What I want to do is create a groups/totals report that will, when someone types in a starting date and an ending date on a form, the report will have a group for each of the days in that range, and each group will show the orders for that day that fall into the same range

EX. If I had an order that started on 1/1/10 and ended 1/10/10, then had a second order from 1/5/10 to 1/15/10, those orders would display in groups if the range the person selected was 1/6/10 to 1/10/10.

Does that make sense? Thanks for any suggestions.

themurph2000

Fat, drunk, and stupid
Local time
Today, 00:09
This might be more suited for the Queries section, so please tell me to move it there if you agree.

I have a table that has columns for the starting date and ending date of an order, along with the number of personnel to be used and the quantity generated in an 8-hour shift. What I want to do is create a groups/totals report that will, when someone types in a starting date and an ending date on a form, the report will have a group for each of the days in that range, and each group will show the orders for that day that fall into the same range

EX. If I had an order that started on 1/1/10 and ended 1/10/10, then had a second order from 1/5/10 to 1/15/10, those orders would display in groups if the range the person selected was 1/6/10 to 1/10/10.

Does that make sense? Thanks for any suggestions.

Just got my own answer. It was one of those "Windows 7" moments in the shower. (except I was still butt-ugly)

1. Create a table that list the dates orders can run. Excel is great for that. (autofill is your friend)
2. Create a query that will display the dates in that table within a chosen range (parameter query or reading dates out of text boxes in a form, which I did)
3. Take that query and put it together in another query with the list of orders. The two tables are not linked in any way, but add the field of dates and do a parameter query using the start date and end date of each order.
4. Create a groups/totals report using the list of dates and do all of your calculations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom